Free Discussion Guide for Prospective Foster Parents
You might be wondering if foster parenting is right for you, but you are not sure where to start. The foster parent need is great right now and you are prompted to consider the option. You know calling the state to ask questions might send you on a rabbit trail of filling out forms. Who can you talk to? How can you decide if it is really a good fit for you or your family without playing telephone tag with state workers?
This is why wrote Feeling out Fostering and the in-depth Discussion Guide that accompanies it. This discussion guide will:
- Guide your family through ten in-depth concepts to explore the decision to foster parent.
- Address specific topics such as time, space, energy and more.
- Provide developmentally appropriate ideas for talking about foster parenting with your children.
- Prompt you to discuss areas of growth needed in your family.
- Ask you to consider your support system and community in light of fostering.